Improving quality-of-life through innovations in urology.
Urovant Sciences (Nasdaq: UROV) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for urologic conditions and improving the way providers and their patients confront urologic diseases that are difficult to treat.
Every employee at Urovant plays an integral role to our success. We are ambitious in our approach to improving outcomes for the patients and healthcare providers we serve. Our fast-paced environment rewards strategic decision-making and collaboration, giving team members opportunities to grow beyond their expertise.
Urovant’s lead product candidate, vibegron, an oral, once-daily small molecule beta-3 agonist is being evaluated for overactive bladder (OAB). In December 2019, the Company submitted a New Drug Application to the FDA seeking approval of vibegron for the treatment of patients with OAB. Vibegron is also being evaluated for treatment of OAB in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia (OAB+BPH) and for abdominal pain associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
Urovant’s second investigational product candidate, URO-902, is a novel gene therapy being developed for patients with OAB who have failed oral pharmacologic therapy.
The Long-Term Care Regional Sales Manager (LTC RSM) is a front-line field sales leadership role accountable for building & leading a field-based sales team of 8 – 10 Long Term Care Account Managers in a defined geographic Region. As a member of the Urovant sales team your leadership approach aligns to the sales organization’s performance-based culture which entails trust and integrity, business ownership and accountability, values people, and focuses on connecting with people and their success. As the leader of the Region you will also ensure that your Account Managers always operate in an effective, efficient and compliant manner. More specifically: Our culture promotes a respectful and constructive team environment among colleagues and across all Urovant departments.
- Ensure that established sales objectives are achieved/exceeded across each territory and the Region as a whole.
- Effectively recruit, hire and train account management team, maintaining a strong pipeline of talent for designated territories.
- Lead the team in a humble yet inspiring manner using sound judgement and instilling ownership, accountability, and purposeful action based on business opportunities. Foster an environment where Account Managers are empowered to use critical thinking skills to identify and effectively act on business opportunities, find creative and adaptive approaches to address challenges, facilitate a culture that promotes teamwork, and always act in a manner that is within policy and compliance standards.
- Provide regular, engaging, and tailored coaching of each Account Manager focused on sales and account management effectiveness and impact, and longer-term individual development. Written and verbal coaching should be candid, respectful and support business and career development.
- Assess and analyze product/competitor trends at the Region, Territory and Account affiliation levels. Develop and execute Regional sales strategies and tactics, and effectively align budgets and resources based on highest opportunities to accelerate brand growth.
- Serve as an expert resource in disease state, product and competitor knowledge, and account-based selling in the long-term care environment. Possess in-depth knowledge of LTC regulations affecting medication and disease state management and resident care.
- Readily display peer leadership in which ideas are openly shared across the Sales Leadership Team. Provide constructive and candid input. Develop and/or lead national project/initiatives that align to Urovant’s vision of becoming the leading specialty urology company in long term care.
- Create, build and maintain relationships and regular communication with all key stakeholders in the LTC segment, including LTC providers, facilities, pharmacies and associations. Be the liaison between key customers so that the organization remains informed of evolving long-term care market dynamics and needs.
- Ensure candid and collaborative communication and execution between Market Access, Marketing, Operations, Human Resources, Training, Compliance, and other Urovant teams.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, from an accredited college or university, required.
- A proven, consistent, and documented track record of top ranked pharmaceutical performance (ideally top 25% of the nation) required.
- 4 plus years’ experience in pharmaceutical sales management (first-line leader with direct people accountability) preferred.
- Strong and successful pharmaceutical launch experience highly preferred.
- 3 plus years of Long-Term Care experience is highly preferred, Urology experience a plus.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Consistently operates in a manner which demonstrates and instills trust and integrity across all aspects of the role.
- The ability to effectively work in a fast paced and nibble start up environment.
- 50% – 80% overnight travel may be required depending on the assigned Region.
- Ability to drive a car and possess a valid and current driver’s license.