Improving quality-of-life through innovations in urology.
Urovant Sciences is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for urologic conditions. Urovant is a nimble company with an entrepreneurial focus on improving the way providers and their patients confront urologic diseases that are difficult to treat.
Every employee at Urovant plays an integral role to our success. We are ambitious in our approach to improving outcomes for the patients and healthcare providers we serve. Our fast-paced environment rewards strategic decision-making and collaboration, giving team members opportunities to grow beyond their expertise.
Urovant’s lead product candidate, vibegron, an oral, once-daily small molecule β3-adrenergic agonist being evaluated for overactive bladder (OAB). In addition to OAB, vibegron is being evaluated for two additional potential indications: the treatment of OAB in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and the treatment of abdominal pain associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
Urovant’s second investigational product candidate, URO-902, is a novel gene therapy for patients with overactive bladder symptoms who have failed oral pharmacologic therapy.
Responsibilities for the Senior Manager, Medical Affairs include:
- Refine and ensure successful implementation of a scientific communication platform and medical communication plan for all development stage-appropriate projects and all marketed products in collaboration with Clinical Development, Commercial and other relevant stakeholders.
- Contribute to management of the budget of the scientific communication activities.
- Contribute to the development/content/ review of content for abstracts, publications, congress presentations, monographs, advisory board meetings, etc., including review of corporate messaging.
- Lead the generation of scientific content for medical communications-related activities such as clinical slide decks and digital assets.
- Work within Medical Affairs and the cross-functional teams on Congress planning, collection and generation of scientific insights, and preparation of content for the medical affairs booth (if applicable) will also be a key responsibility.
- Remain up-to-date on the latest science/data in the field and contribute significantly to the creation, collection, and dissemination of actionable business-relevant scientific insights to internal and external key stakeholders across the organization and key customer segments, especially in support of product launches.
- Identify, collect and provide relevant information and input into business activities such as product and competitor insights, medical product plan and deliverables, new business assessments, collaborate with internal teams as assigned and contribute to business activities including business development.
- Support the Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) plan and execution of HEOR activities and support the management of vendors with agreed upon activities within budget and established timelines.
- Support the communication of HEOR study results and prepare presentations for internal and external use and provide input for publication manuscripts.
- Serve as the resource of medical/scientific information and oversee the collection and storage of relevant scientific information (e.g. literature repository).
Education and Experience
- Advanced degree scientific medical field preferred (PhD, PharmD, MD)
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in the pharmaceutical / biotechnology industry or related experience
- External agency and budget management experience preferred
- Experience interpreting and presenting scientific data required
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Collaborative capabilities for cross functional teams and working with vendors
- Good organizational skills
- Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Good presentation skills, including presentations to Senior management and external audiences and experts
- Ability to work across locations and time zones
- Ability to work on several projects and assignments at the same time
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- A commitment to collaborative leadership, management, teamwork, delegation and the maintenance of a professional culture based on trust and mutual respect