VP, Market Access – Account Management
Improving quality-of-life through innovations in urology.
Urovant Sciences (Nasdaq: UROV) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for urologic conditions and improving the way providers and their patients confront urologic diseases that are difficult to treat.
Every employee at Urovant plays an integral role to our success. We are ambitious in our approach to improving outcomes for the patients and healthcare providers we serve. Our fast-paced environment rewards strategic decision-making and collaboration, giving team members opportunities to grow beyond their expertise.
Urovant’s lead product candidate, vibegron, an oral, once-daily small molecule beta-3 agonist is being evaluated for overactive bladder (OAB). In December 2019, the Company submitted a New Drug Application to the FDA seeking approval of vibegron for the treatment of patients with OAB. Vibegron is also being evaluated for treatment of OAB in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia (OAB+BPH) and for abdominal pain associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
Urovant’s second investigational product candidate, URO-902, is a novel gene therapy being developed for patients with OAB who have failed oral pharmacologic therapy.
Urovant Sciences is currently seeking a VP, Market Access – Account Management. In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of soon-to-be launched vibegron in the managed markets Payer space, including Market Access Strategy and execution with Key Accounts. Reporting to the SVP, Market Access, you will be responsible for creating and leading your team towards executing upon market access strategies and collaborations (internal and external) across all customer segments, including PBM’s, Payers, Long Term Care, Government Accounts, GPOs, etc. in accordance with compliance policies and guidelines.
- Develop a comprehensive Market Access brand plan in coordination with the Market Access Marketing function.
- Develop and implement Market Access strategy for vibegron and other launch products.
- Serve as the Market Access Lead, responsible for all managed market functions and customer segments including contracting as needed with national and regional accounts.
- Lead development and ensure pull through of all access initiatives in collaboration with the Sales Team and other internal functions.
- Serve as a critical Market Access strategy lead for key meetings/presentations.
- Strong collaboration and leadership across multiple functions to facilitate and accelerate market access and brand growth.
- Create and manage a comprehensive launch tactical resource plan and budget.
- Recruitment and leadership of a talented customer facing Market Access Account Management team.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or other advanced degree is a plus.
- 10 + years pharmaceutical commercial experience with key experiences operating within the Market Access space and experience leading field-based teams.
- Managed care experience required with strong National and Regional Account Management expertise and senior level relationships in both commercial (private) and government (public) payer systems.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to work with a high level of integrity, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Strong technical/analytical skills to identify and solve problems.
- Self-motivated, assertive, and self-confident with the ability to act with urgency and passion.
- Strong organizational skills to maintain a high level of productivity, innovation, and priority-setting, completing assignments on-time and on-budget.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for effectively interfacing with all levels of management and departments within the company.
- Ability to make thoughtful, timely and meaningful decisions and take corresponding actions.
- Willingness to work collaboratively by incorporating diverse perspectives and appropriately managing relationships to strengthen decision-making.
- Entrepreneurial, enjoys working in a fast-paced, smaller-company environment.
- Flexibility in handling workflow in a multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet time sensitive deadlines.