SVP, Commercial – Field Based
Improving quality-of-life through innovations in urology.
Urovant Sciences (Nasdaq: UROV) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for urologic conditions and improving the way providers and their patients confront urologic diseases that are difficult to treat.
Every employee at Urovant plays an integral role to our success. We are ambitious in our approach to improving outcomes for the patients and healthcare providers we serve. Our fast-paced environment rewards strategic decision-making and collaboration, giving team members opportunities to grow beyond their expertise.
Urovant’s lead product candidate, vibegron, an oral, once-daily small molecule beta-3 agonist is being evaluated for overactive bladder (OAB). In December 2019, the Company submitted a New Drug Application to the FDA seeking approval of vibegron for the treatment of patients with OAB. Vibegron is also being evaluated for treatment of OAB in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia (OAB+BPH) and for abdominal pain associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
Urovant’s second investigational product candidate, URO-902, is a novel gene therapy being developed for patients with OAB who have failed oral pharmacologic therapy.
Urovant Sciences is seeking a highly motivated and talented Senior Vice President of Commercial at a key inflection point in preparation for the launch of a new treatment in overactive bladder. The Senior Vice President of Commercial will leverage the power of Urovant Sciences portfolio and its professional network to lead the charge for the sales and marketing organization. The Senior Vice President of Commercial will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will be responsible for developing and overseeing Specialty, Long Term Care (LTC) and Primary Care (PCP) sales organizations, Marketing and Sales Operations. This position will work cross functionally with the business unit leaders to develop comprehensive commercial strategies in accordance with compliance policies and guidelines while driving market share.
- Develop and implement commercial strategy for driving top line sales growth in U.S. markets.
- Provide strategic direction in the development and execution of marketing strategies to ensure the successful launch an execution of our product portfolio.
- Provide strategic direction in the development and execution of sales force strategies and deployment to ensure the successful launch and execution of our product portfolio – Includes multiple sales force entities, Specialty, Long Term Care and PCP and may include contracted organizations.
- Provide strategic direction in the development and execution of Sales Operations to ensure the successful launch an execution of our product portfolio – Includes all facets of sales operations to include, contracts, analytics, fleet, incentive compensation, market research etc.
- Overall sales forecast and execution and budget development and management, working closely with business unit leadership, finance, human resources partners to provide budgetary input, guidance and planning data for both employees and programs.
- Drive talent acquisition, succession planning, people leadership and development for the Commercial team.
The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial leader who will thrive within a growing, collaborative biopharma company. Must have a proven track record of building engaged, high-performing commercial teams. Brings a proven history of cross-functional collaboration in a team-oriented environment.
The ideal candidate also reflects Urovant Sciences strong values: high integrity and compassion, bold innovation and achievement through collaboration. Bright, high energy, winning mindset, and has a strong results orientation, with a demonstrated track record of building high performing results oriented teams resulting in commercial success. While this leader will be comfortable executing in uncertain environments and acting with a sense of urgency and creativity, they must retain grace and resilience under pressure while ensuring ethics and integrity are the backbone of how decisions are made. Embraces an entrepreneurial spirit and “get-it-done” attitude.
In terms of the performance and personal competencies required for the position, we highlight the following:
- Developing strategy: Devises and implements commercial strategy.
- Building relationships and using influence: Adept at establishing and sustaining effective relationships. Has the ability to influence and work successfully with varied audiences, including colleagues, scientific and technical leaders, pharmaceutical and business partners, collaborators, customers, investors and senior executives.
- Unwavering commitment to culture: Ability to embrace the Urovant culture, and to provide the insight and leadership to allow the culture to continue to develop and thrive as the company grows. Passionate about the mission and reputation of the Company, and the importance of alignment with internal and external stakeholders.
- Entrepreneurial drive: Has an entrepreneurial spirit and is comfortable multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment.
- Building teams: Forges strong, diverse teams of people with multiple perspectives and talents. Creates an environment in which cross-functional teams are highly motivated to accomplish goals.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or other advanced degree is a plus
- 15+ years sales and marketing biotech leadership experience
- Demonstrated experience in pre-launch commercial work and building out a commercial team function prior to launch
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful leaders
- Finance, budget planning and expenditure management
- Experience setting strategy and building all facets of a commercial team
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional communication skills, leadership and ability to drive influence across stakeholders to set direction
- Excellent analytical skills, project planning and organizational skills
- Proven ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally to drive business results in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to resolve complex issues and conflict management
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Strong understanding of financial management, including management of budget, accruals and forecasting
- Absolute high standards for all professional conduct
- Ability to travel extensively