Specialty Sales Professional – Field Based – Across the U.S.
Improving quality-of-life through innovations in urology.
Urovant Sciences (Nasdaq: UROV) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for urologic conditions and improving the way providers and their patients confront urologic diseases that are difficult to treat.
Every employee at Urovant plays an integral role to our success. We are ambitious in our approach to improving outcomes for the patients and healthcare providers we serve. Our fast-paced environment rewards strategic decision-making and collaboration, giving team members opportunities to grow beyond their expertise.
Urovant’s lead product candidate, vibegron, an oral, once-daily small molecule beta-3 agonist is being evaluated for overactive bladder (OAB). In December 2019, the Company submitted a New Drug Application to the FDA seeking approval of vibegron for the treatment of patients with OAB. Vibegron is also being evaluated for treatment of OAB in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia (OAB+BPH) and for abdominal pain associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
Urovant’s second investigational product candidate, URO-902, is a novel gene therapy being developed for patients with OAB who have failed oral pharmacologic therapy.
The Urology Specialty Sales Professionals will be the face of Urovant Sciences to our customers. Each territory will be covered by a single S-SP reinforcing a performance-based environment of ownership and accountability of managing the territory and establishing deep and meaningful business relationships based on demonstrating clinical and market dynamic expertise. There may be other Urovant/partner Sales Professionals covering other customers. As a member of the sales team you should align to the sales organization’s culture of a results-oriented meritocracy, honesty and integrity, ownership and accountability, exceptional product/competitive/disease state clinical knowledge, strong knowledge of the evolving healthcare landscape, and a growth mindset. Our culture promotes a respectful and constructive team environment among colleagues and across all Urovant departments. More specifically the S-SP role requires:
- Achieve, and strive to exceed sales budgets and objectives through efficient and impactful selling skills, call planning and territory management. Continually focus on growing Urovant’s product market share base by closing for new business in both new and existing accounts prioritized on market potential.
- Urovant is a patient focused and science driven organization. To help fulfill our vision of becoming The Leading Specialty Urology company Sales Professionals must demonstrate exceptional level of clinical expertise (product/competition/disease state) and understanding of the evolving healthcare landscape. The Urovant sales team culture encourages a growth mindset which is open to coaching and continual learning.
- Sales Professionals must possess exceptional communications skills to deliver a factual, clear, compelling, and impactful clinically based selling message. Earning the right to ask for expanded product use and closing for that new business is a must.
- As the ‘business owner’ of the territory you will need to assess and analyze the territory’s market dynamics and product/competitor trends. A strong work ethic and proven critical thinking skills to quickly identify and accelerate sales trends and offset challenges is a must. Thoughtful planning, purposeful action, and fully leveraging your available resources will be core to driving sales results in the territory.
- Urovant is a company where we are open to ideas that move us towards becoming The Leading specialty urology company. You will be asked to proactively provide constructive and candid input during team interactions. You may have the opportunity to evolve those ideas and lead the resulting Regional or National project/initiatives that align to Urovant’s vision and are within compliance and company policies.
- Proactively provide candid, constructive, and collaborative communication with Sales Leadership, Marketing, Market Access and other Urovant teams.
- Ensure that all administrative tasks (i.e., call reporting, sample management, expense reports, training modules, business plans, etc.) are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Travel is required throughout the Territory to call on prioritized providers, key opinion leaders, key office personnel, and pharmacies. Overnight stays may be required in order to properly cover the Territory. Sales Professionals may occasionally be required to attend Urovant and customer meetings or conventions which often extend over several days (on occasion may include weekends) and require work during evening hours and/or overnight stays. Sales Professional are also accountability for organizing and managing speaker and other programs which are often conducted during evening hours.
Education and Experience
- A B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- 2 or more years’ experience in pharmaceutical sales is highly preferred.
- Urology experience is preferred.
- A proven, consistent, and documented track record of top nationally ranked sales performance (ideally top 25% of the nation) is required.
- Strong and successful pharmaceutical launch experienced is preferred.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to ‘pull-through’ and ‘push-through’ formulary positioning is highly preferred.
- A proven and documented track record of applied clinical knowledge, healthcare landscape knowledge, and critical thinking skills is required.
- The ability to effectively work in a fast paced and nibble start up environment is preferred.
- 20% or more overnight travel may be required depending on the assigned territory.