Senior Specialist, Accounts Payable
Improving quality-of-life through innovations in urology.
Urovant Sciences (Nasdaq: UROV) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for urologic conditions and improving the way providers and their patients confront urologic diseases that are difficult to treat.
Every employee at Urovant plays an integral role to our success. We are ambitious in our approach to improving outcomes for the patients and healthcare providers we serve. Our fast-paced environment rewards strategic decision-making and collaboration, giving team members opportunities to grow beyond their expertise.
Urovant’s lead product candidate, vibegron, an oral, once-daily small molecule beta-3 agonist being evaluated for overactive bladder (OAB). In addition to OAB, vibegron is being evaluated for two additional potential indications: the treatment of OAB in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and the treatment of abdominal pain associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
Urovant’s second investigational product candidate, URO-902, is a novel gene therapy for patients with overactive bladder symptoms who have failed oral pharmacologic therapy.
The Senior Accounts Payable Specialist will be primarily responsible for managing the day-to-day accounts payable (AP) process, including processing of invoices and payments, maintaining vendor records and the AP subledger. Further this role will assist with the corporate credit program, including processing employee expense reports, obtaining and identifying accruals after the AP module is closed and ensuring adherence to Company policies and procedures. This person will also work closely with individuals at all levels of the Company to ensure timely and appropriate processing of invoices and payments and in accordance with Company policies and procedures. This position will be asked to help implement process improvements and efficiencies by gaining a better understand of the systems and applications in place at the Company.
- Responsible for accurate vouchering of all transactions (domestic and international invoices) into the AP processing module and ensuring proper general ledger coding and matching to purchase orders
- Assist in month-end close by preparing the month-end accruals for invoices received but not approved, gathering information for accrual estimates and producing monthly reports
- Assist with the administration of the Company’s corporate credit card program and employee travel and expense reporting
- Manage the weekly payment batch to ensure timely payments to vendors and monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Manage annual 1099 reporting and assist in maintaining vendor files, including collecting required vendor W-9 and W-8 forms for set-up
- Request and review vendor statements and work directly with vendors to resolve discrepancies and respond to inquiries, including questions on POs and payments
- Assist in coordinating the preparation of documentation for external auditors and understand Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”) compliance requirements to maintain appropriate documentation and assist with financial audits
Education and Experience
- Minimum Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 5+ years related professional experience
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of A/P related concepts and terminology of accountancy, including general ledger coding and its impact on financial statement presentation
- Prior experience working with NetSuite is a plus
- Prior experience working with Echovera or other OCR and workflow technologies a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with multi-company organization
- Experience with multiple currencies
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to understand and process high volumes of data
- Critical thinker able to implement scalable processes
- Team players only