Senior Product Manager, KOL Engagement Marketing
Improving quality-of-life through innovations in urology.
Urovant Sciences is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for urologic conditions. Urovant is a nimble company with an entrepreneurial focus on improving the way providers and their patients confront urologic diseases that are difficult to treat.
Every employee at Urovant plays an integral role to our success. We are ambitious in our approach to improving outcomes for the patients and healthcare providers we serve. Our fast-paced environment rewards strategic decision-making and collaboration, giving team members opportunities to grow beyond their expertise.
Urovant’s lead product candidate, vibegron, an oral, once-daily small molecule β3-adrenergic agonist being evaluated for overactive bladder (OAB). In addition to OAB, vibegron is being evaluated for two additional potential indications: the treatment of OAB in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and the treatment of abdominal pain associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
Urovant’s second investigational product candidate, URO-902, is a novel gene therapy for patients with overactive bladder symptoms who have failed oral pharmacologic therapy.
The Senior Product Manager, KOL Engagement Marketing will help create, lead and execute the key opinion leader (KOL)/thought leader engagement strategy as it fits within the overall professional strategy for the launch and ongoing growth of a new-to-market overactive bladder oral agent, Vibegron. This role will report to the Professional Marketing Director.
- Lead and drive the U.S. thought leader engagement for Vibegron.
- Identify key accounts, key opinion leaders (KOLs), regional opinion leaders (ROLs), connected opinion leaders (COLs) and other important decision makers in the OAB space.
- Effectively translate scientific, clinical and market research into actionable commercial activities.
- Lead development and implementation of a robust U.S. advisory board plan across national, regional, community and society leadership customers.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders and medical associations.
- Develop and execute the congress plan for national and regional OAB/Urology meetings.
- Build the strategic and operational readiness plan for the speakers bureau (nomination, training, content development, and monitoring).
- Coordinate the development of integrated unbranded and branded tactics according to strategy and within agreed upon budgets.
- Gain approval for marketing materials through internal review process to ensure marketing activities are in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Develop processes for accurate measurement and evaluation of appropriate promotional activities.
- Participate in the annual brand planning process, leading development of the KOL engagement plan.
- Effectively manage agency partners to produce deliverables within timelines and allocated budget.
- Collaborate with HCP marketing team to ensure alignment of key messages and customer insights.
- Work closely with sales and medical to ensure the development of relationships with key customers.
- Manage expense budget tracking and contribute to budget planning.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, MBA preferred.
- 5+ years Product Management experience (KOL engagement marketing is preferred).
- Strong knowledge of health care and/or pharmaceutical industry.
- Product launch experience required.
- Experience with KOL thought leader development and plan execution.
- Experience working with agencies in development and execution of KOL engagement plans.
- Solid knowledge of foundational marketing areas including product positioning, marketing plan development and execution, strategic communications, product launch, public and private payer reimbursement environment.
- Successful track record of strategic and tactical marketing. Urology and/or Women’s Health experience preferred.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Thrives in an unstructured, start-up environment that is invigorating but often ever-changing.
- Self-starter that can work independently and collaboratively, prioritize tasks and has initiative and excitement to take on unfamiliar tasks.
- Must possess excellent strategic thinking skills with ability to formulate, develop and execute strategy.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact, present to and challenge KOLs.
- Ability to understand and communicate clinical data and high-level science.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, (both written and oral).
- Strong capacity to collaborate with and lead cross-functional teams. Must work cooperatively with commercial management, clinical development, medical affairs, regulatory, compliance, market research and others
- Gives and takes constructive feedback with openness.
- Ability to effectively lead agencies and other external partners in aligning and developing tactical plans and promotional materials that are aligned with brand strategy.
- Must be able to travel extensively as dictated by business need, including overnights and attendance at some nighttime and weekend programs.