Senior Medical Science Liaison – Urology – Field Based, Midwest
Improving quality-of-life through innovations in urology.
Urovant Sciences (Nasdaq: UROV) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for urologic conditions. Urovant is a nimble company with an entrepreneurial focus on improving the way providers and their patients confront urologic diseases that are difficult to treat.
Every employee at Urovant plays an integral role to our success. We are ambitious in our approach to improving outcomes for the patients and healthcare providers we serve. Our fast-paced environment rewards strategic decision-making and collaboration, giving team members opportunities to grow beyond their expertise.
Urovant’s lead product candidate, vibegron, an oral, once-daily small molecule beta-3 agonist is being evaluated for overactive bladder (OAB). In addition to OAB, vibegron is being evaluated for two additional potential indications: the treatment of OAB in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and the treatment of abdominal pain associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
Urovant’s second investigational product candidate, URO-902, is a novel gene therapy for patients with overactive bladder symptoms who have failed oral pharmacologic therapy.
If you are interested in being part of building a successful organization through collaboration, a positive ‘can-do’ attitude, entrepreneurial spirit and hard work while having fun and celebrating success, then you should read further.
The Senior Medical Science Liaison (Sr. MSL) develops and maintains professional relationships with external and internal customers. The Sr. MSL provides comprehensive medical, clinical, and scientific support for Urovant’s product initiatives in the Urology therapeutic area, and/or in support of Managed Markets (Market Access, Payer) space, and/or in support of Long-Term Care area. This critically important role facilitates the education and research activities of key opinion leaders (KOLs), healthcare providers (HCPs), researchers, advocacy groups and other external and internal stakeholders regarding new therapies developed and commercialized by Urovant. The Sr. MSL closely and compliantly works with other Urovant team members to ensure the medical, clinical, and scientific needs of KOLs, HCPs and others are met. The Sr. MSL reports to the Senior Director, Medical Science Liaisons and is responsible for achieving regional medical education and scientific support goals within an assigned geography. The Sr. MSL assists the Senior Director, Medical Science Liaisons to meet or exceed Medical Affairs field-based medical education objectives. This role is responsible for managing medical, clinical, and scientific efforts around assigned priority KOLs, HCPs and other external stakeholders.
The Sr. MSL must conduct their field-based activities in compliance with all internal Urovant requirements and with all applicable regulatory requirements. Urovant internal requirements include compliance with ethics, environmental and safety, financial, human resources, and general business policies, requirements, and objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining professional relationships with KOLs, healthcare providers and key staff at academic centers to ensure access to current medical, clinical, and scientific information on assigned Urovant product uses and area of therapeutic interest.
- Conducting Round Table and Advisory Board sessions to gain insights into relevant medical, clinical, and scientific topics and communicating those insights back to the organization.
- Addressing unsolicited requests for information, presenting medical, clinical, and scientific data on Urovant products to KOLs, HCPs, consultant pharmacists, and others.
- Identifying opportunities for the development of urological treatment algorithms and guidelines. Supporting payer education initiatives as described in the Medical Affairs strategic plan.
- Facilitating identification and presentation of research opportunities for consideration in support of Urovant products and customers, including unique ideas the urological medical community may have as it relates to potential new uses of Urovant drugs, as well as pharmacoeconomic analysis of existing Urovant products.
- Participating in medical and scientific congresses.
- Actively contributing in cross-functional meetings.
- The Sr. MSL should be able to travel, approximately 50-70% of the time, depending on the territory and business needs.
Education and Experience
- PharmD, MD/DO, or PhD in medical, clinical, research or scientific field required
- Minimum 5 years of field-based Medical Affairs experience in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Urology experience preferred
- Payor and long-term care experience desired
- Strong and successful pharmaceutical launch experienced is preferred.
- Knowledge of FDA regulations, ICH guidance, and GCP regulations
- Possession of a valid state Driver’s License
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple complex projects/tasks at the same time
- “Self-starter” and ability to function autonomously
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly proficient using Microsoft Word, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and SharePoint; or similar applications and systems
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work across locations and time zones
- A commitment to collaborative leadership, management, teamwork, delegation, and the maintenance of a professional culture based on trust and mutual respect
- A positive attitude, ability to focus on what’s important, interest in building a successful organization