Manager, Payroll and Equity
Improving quality-of-life through innovations in urology.
Urovant Sciences (Nasdaq: UROV) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for urologic conditions and improving the way providers and their patients confront urologic diseases that are difficult to treat.
Every employee at Urovant plays an integral role to our success. We are ambitious in our approach to improving outcomes for the patients and healthcare providers we serve. Our fast-paced environment rewards strategic decision-making and collaboration, giving team members opportunities to grow beyond their expertise.
Urovant’s lead product candidate, vibegron, an oral, once-daily small molecule beta-3 agonist being evaluated for overactive bladder (OAB). In addition to OAB, vibegron is being evaluated for two additional potential indications: the treatment of OAB in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and the treatment of abdominal pain associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
Urovant’s second investigational product candidate, URO-902, is a novel gene therapy for patients with overactive bladder symptoms who have failed oral pharmacologic therapy.
The Manager, Payroll and Equity will be primarily responsible for processing and ensuring accuracy of our current multi-state domestic semi-monthly payroll for our rapidly growing company. This individual will look to optimize the Company’s payroll processes with a strong focus on detail and system utilization and will have a prominent role in this fast-paced, high growth company to ensure accuracy with current payroll processes, seek opportunities to upgrade internal controls and efficient processes with a focus on accuracy and quality of employee service. This position plays a key role in all aspects of the Company’s payroll process, including processing payroll, importing and exporting payroll files, and validating and reviewing entries by creating and balancing reports prior to final payroll being submitted to ADP. This position will also manage relationships with external vendors on system implementations, interfaces, upgrades and enhancements. This individual will liaise and partner with Human Resources to accurately and quickly resolve payroll related issues and processes with employees and managers. The equity administration function will involve the day-to-day administration of Urovant’s equity plan.
- Process semi-monthly payroll using the ADP WorkforceNow platform, including maintaining payroll and reporting schedule and develop systems for tracking payroll
- Proactive in addressing issues and assisting employees with payroll-related questions
- Support the 401k administrative function, vendor relationship management, process timely contributions, and work with benefits manager on annual 401k audit fieldwork, if required. Includes retrieving and processing 401k data and making proper adjustments in the payroll system (including such changes as new enrollments, loans, auto-escalation percentages, or other payroll 401k contribution changes)
- Partner with HR team to ensure all employee changes are captured completely and timely
- Review time sheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies to ensure pay integrity, verify sick and/or vacation time or other paid benefits
- Subject matter expert in payroll related items including various earning codes, deductions, withholdings, and taxation, including providing guidance for wage and hour laws for both federal, state and international jurisdictions
- Researching complex payroll issues, drawing on expertise from online research tools, the legal department and external service providers
- Monitor and improve payroll system to ensure legal compliance, including leading system upgrades and enhancements to improve interfacing between HRIS, ERP and third-party payroll systems
- Stay up to date on new guidance and ensure federal, state, local and international payroll tax compliance
- Maintain equity data integrity and ensure grants, exercises, and cancellations are processed accurately
- Ensure proper payroll taxation related to equity for payroll processing
- Partner with in-house counsel, HR and Accounting on equity related transactions
Education and Experience
- Minimum Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 5+ years of payroll experience and relevant management experience
- Must have worked with a payroll size of 150+ employees, including multi-state
- Previous experience processing payroll in ADP WorkforceNow
- Proficiency with Fidelity and an HRIS system a plus
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft business suite, specifically Excel and Outlook
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification is a plus
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with multi-company organization
- Strong understanding of best practices and procedures for the payroll function
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Proven quantitative, qualitative, analytical and hands-on problem-solving skills
- Critical thinker able to implement scalable processes
- Team players only