Executive Director, Market Access – Marketing
Improving quality-of-life through innovations in urology.
Urovant Sciences (Nasdaq: UROV) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for urologic conditions and improving the way providers and their patients confront urologic diseases that are difficult to treat.
Every employee at Urovant plays an integral role to our success. We are ambitious in our approach to improving outcomes for the patients and healthcare providers we serve. Our fast-paced environment rewards strategic decision-making and collaboration, giving team members opportunities to grow beyond their expertise.
Urovant’s lead product candidate, vibegron, an oral, once-daily small molecule beta-3 agonist is being evaluated for overactive bladder (OAB). In December 2019, the Company submitted a New Drug Application to the FDA seeking approval of vibegron for the treatment of patients with OAB. Vibegron is also being evaluated for treatment of OAB in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia (OAB+BPH) and for abdominal pain associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
Urovant’s second investigational product candidate, URO-902, is a novel gene therapy being developed for patients with OAB who have failed oral pharmacologic therapy.
Urovant Sciences is seeking a highly motivated and talented Executive Director, Managed Markets Marketing to be part of our newly formed Market Access team. This person will play a strategic role in helping Urovant Sciences achieve its goals and objectives through the development and execution of marketing strategies and tactics focused on market access across Payer, HCP and patient stakeholders. This position plays a critical role in ensuring field-based managed markets and sales teams have the resources and tools they need to effectively represent the company and its portfolio across target customer groups
The primary responsibility of the role is to assist is setting strategy, align objectives and develop resources to help the field teams facilitate productive conversations with payer and HCP customers on product access opportunities, including co-pay and patient assistance programs. This role also supports the payer account team with tools to support the product value proposition to our payer customers and negotiate for coverage and formulary status.
- Assist in development of payer strategy and tactical execution across all payer stakeholders.
- Lead pull through strategy and execution of pull through by brand, channel and geography based upon formulary position.
- Lead the strategy for communication of emerging national market access coverage information (changes and updates).
- Lead the development, implementation and management of copay and PAP programs.
- Lead the development, implementation and management of reimbursement management assistance resources.
- Develop and launch a triage process to escalate payer issues from the sales team to Urovant payer account teams.
- Coordinate Market Access-focused HCP marketing campaigns for successful product adoption, POA execution, and other activities in full concordance with HCP Marketing group.
- Manage outside vendor/agency resource budget to ensure high quality, timely deliverables.
- Review and utilize market research and other marketplace intelligence to ensure alignment of relevant managed care marketing plans and tactics.
- Work cross-functionally with pricing, reimbursement, contracting, distribution, managed markets and brand teams as needed to evaluate and address evolving market dynamics both strategically and tactically.
- Contribute managed care marketing insights and perspectives into business plans and other relevant strategies and tactical plans.
- Ensures that all activities remain in compliance with all corporate, regulatory, and legal guidelines.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred.
- 5+ years Healthcare and pharmaceutical marketing experience required:
- Including 5+ years of product marketing experience with expertise in access/managed markets; urology experience preferred. Field selling experience (or field-based market access experience) preferred.
- Product Launch experience preferred.
- In depth knowledge of managed markets/access/reimbursement, market dynamics and future trends.
- Experience leading a talented Market Access – Marketing team.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication, and financial acumen skills are required; candidates should have the ability to assess and summarize large amounts of information and develop recommendations.
- Forecasting experience and expertise is desired.
- Experience managing patient access programs required.
- Experience working with vendors/agencies in development, implementation and execution of marketing materials within budget and timeline.
- Solid knowledge of marketing areas including product positioning, marketing plan development and execution.
- Successful track record of strategic and tactical marketing.
- Understanding of direct-to-patient marketing.
- Ability to present plans and analytics to senior executives, as well as to marketing colleagues and field sales team.
- Experience with VEEVA systems for coordinating medical/legal and regulatory approval on sales tools is a plus.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Self-starter who can work independently to prioritize tasks and has initiative and excitement to take on unfamiliar tasks.
- Ability to create the energy and excitement around the brand and team necessary to win in the marketplace.
- Experience in working with collaborative team environment and/or supporting multiple teams.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, (both written and oral).
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage vendor/agency partners.
- Strong financial business acumen and analytical skills.
- Fosters productive, collaborative cross functional relationships.
- Flexibility to adapt to an invigorating but often changing start-up environment.
- Ability and experience with navigating medical/legal/regulatory approval processes.
- Travel up to 30%, depending on business needs.