Director, Sales Training
Improving quality-of-life through innovations in urology.
Urovant Sciences (Nasdaq: UROV) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for urologic conditions and improving the way providers and their patients confront urologic diseases that are difficult to treat.
Every employee at Urovant plays an integral role to our success. We are ambitious in our approach to improving outcomes for the patients and healthcare providers we serve. Our fast-paced environment rewards strategic decision-making and collaboration, giving team members opportunities to grow beyond their expertise.
Urovant’s lead product candidate, vibegron, an oral, once-daily small molecule beta-3 agonist being evaluated for overactive bladder (OAB). In addition to OAB, vibegron is being evaluated for two additional potential indications: the treatment of OAB in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and the treatment of abdominal pain associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
Urovant’s second investigational product candidate, URO-902, is a novel gene therapy for patients with overactive bladder symptoms who have failed oral pharmacologic therapy.
The Director, Sales Training is responsible for all training functions related to field sales, including both sales professionals and field team leadership. These activities include the design, development and execution of training assets for new hire training, brand updates, selling skills, new product launches, competitive product launches, market access, leadership development, POA meetings and National Sales Meetings. The Director, Sales Training, will lead, coach and develop the Sales Training Manger to achieve assigned goals successfully.
The Director, Sales Training is responsible for collaborating closely with all commercial internal stakeholders to ensure training is aligned to brand and sales strategy. The Director also evaluates ongoing Commercial Sales training needs and recommends appropriate strategies, leads tactical and budget planning process for assigned products and leads and/or serves as a valued team member on special projects for Commercial Training & Development. The position is based at Urovant’s site in Irvine, CA. This position may require up to 30% travel within the US.
- Provides complete oversight of the training curriculum and process for field sales and leadership, including both new hire training and on-going skill development.
- Builds training design, development, delivery, evaluation and coordinating/planning execution.
- Provides leadership and coaching for training team members to ensure they have appropriate capabilities and skills to perform in role.
- Collaborates effectively across the commercial team to gain input/buy-in and to ensure training is aligned to brand strategy and sales direction.
- Works with Regulatory and Compliance to have all training materials approved for field use.
- Works with training team to develop training for pharmaceutical selling skills, product, marketplace and market access knowledge, account management skills, pull-through training, with regular auditing of content for enhancements and improvement.
- Works closely with National Sales Directors to support coaching and development of Regional Sales Managers as well as the development of Emerging Leadership Training to build the leadership bench of the commercial organization.
- Works closely with Market Access leadership to support coaching and development of market access knowledge and pull-through materials with field sales.
- Works closely with Regional Sales Managers to help coach and develop sales representatives both through initial training and on-going development.
- Conducts periodic days-in-the-field with sales representatives to reinforce the Urovant selling model and to ensure in-depth knowledge and demonstration of selling skills, account management skills, marketplace, disease state, product clinical data and promotional messages. Ensures that training is aligned to the needs of the field teams.
- Develops and manages the department budget and external vendors.
- Create and maintain SOPs for sales training processes, projects and programs.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree; 8+ years in pharmaceutical sales with management experience a plus; to include 3+ years of sales training experience.
- Prefer experience as a Senior Manager or Director in a headquartered based Sales Training Department leading and managing a training team.
- Experience designing, developing, delivering and assessing sales training and establishing product training curriculum for new hires and ongoing training.
- Strong knowledge and experience with pharmaceutical regulatory and compliance environment and process.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Strong emotional intelligence, proven interpersonal, written communication, presentation, facilitation, and influencing skills.
- Experience managing multiple priorities based on changing business needs is essential, as is the ability to work in a team-based, fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational, planning, project and vendor management skills
- Organizational agility with the ability to interact effectively across all levels of the commercial organization.
- Proven technical and computer software expertise in MS Office. Experience with digital and virtual training platforms a plus.