Director, Project Management
Improving quality-of-life through innovations in urology.
Urovant Sciences is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for urologic conditions. Urovant is a nimble company with an entrepreneurial focus on improving the way providers and their patients confront urologic diseases that are difficult to treat.
Every employee at Urovant plays an integral role to our success. We are ambitious in our approach to improving outcomes for the patients and healthcare providers we serve. Our fast-paced environment rewards strategic decision-making and collaboration, giving team members opportunities to grow beyond their expertise.
Urovant’s lead product candidate, vibegron, an oral, once-daily small molecule β3-adrenergic agonist being evaluated for overactive bladder (OAB). In addition to OAB, vibegron is being evaluated for two additional potential indications: the treatment of OAB in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and the treatment of abdominal pain associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
Urovant’s second investigational product candidate, URO-902, is a novel gene therapy for patients with overactive bladder symptoms who have failed oral pharmacologic therapy.
- Provides project management leadership for initiatives, including the development of global development plans, charters, and coordination of project team activities including managing and facilitating project meetings and work sessions.
- Maintains project overviews, cross functionally integrated timelines and budgets in close collaboration with functions, team leaders and vendors.
- May also be a Global Team leader for a development project.
- Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential risks, manages issues, devises mitigation and contingency plans and communicates changes effectively to executive management.
- Supports the Head of Project management in the further development of aspects of process and project team structures across Research and Development.
- Travel, including possible international travel, for at least 15% of time, depending on business needs.
The Director in Project management will report to the Head of Project management in R&D
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree; Scientific focus preferred.
- Project management certification preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Project Management in the pharmaceutical or medical device industry.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects of moderate to complex scope.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Collaborative capabilities for cross functional teams and working with vendors.
- Highly proficient using Microsoft Word, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and SharePoint; or similar applications and systems.
- Strong presentation skills, including presentations to senior management and external audiences and experts.
- Ability to work across locations and time zones.
- Ability to work on several projects and assignments at the same time.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Strong financial business acumen and analytical skills.
- A commitment to collaborative leadership, management, teamwork, delegation and the maintenance of a professional culture based on trust and mutual respect.