Director, Consumer Marketing
Improving quality-of-life through innovations in urology.
Urovant Sciences is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for urologic conditions. Urovant is a nimble company with an entrepreneurial focus on improving the way providers and their patients confront urologic diseases that are difficult to treat.
Every employee at Urovant plays an integral role to our success. We are ambitious in our approach to improving outcomes for the patients and healthcare providers we serve. Our fast-paced environment rewards strategic decision-making and collaboration, giving team members opportunities to grow beyond their expertise.
Urovant’s lead product candidate, vibegron, an oral, once-daily small molecule β3-adrenergic agonist being evaluated for overactive bladder (OAB). In addition to OAB, vibegron is being evaluated for two additional potential indications: the treatment of OAB in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and the treatment of abdominal pain associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
Urovant’s second investigational product candidate, URO-902, is a novel gene therapy for patients with overactive bladder symptoms who have failed oral pharmacologic therapy.
The Director, Consumer Marketing will create and lead the consumer strategy for the launch and ongoing growth of a new-to-market overactive bladder oral agent.
Tactical responsibilities may include but are not limited to in-office promotion, direct to patient education, patient advocacy and may include traditional DTC tactics including print and/or traditional tv (pending market analysis and potential return on investment). Additional responsibilities include patient advocacy and brand/corporate communications, including PR support as needed. The consumer lead will work closely with the Director of Digital Marketing and the HCP Marketing team, as well as all other involved functions and agency partners.
Create innovative, industry-first solutions while staying current on evolving media trends, technology platforms and opportunities that exist in the Health and Pharma space to strengthen the patient experience. Look for test and learn opportunities that make sense for the brand (and the company long-term). Utilize multiple sources of information (market research, advisory boards, stakeholder interactions) to understand the Urology marketplace, HCP and consumer audiences: identify gaps and provide solutions to develop strategies and tactical plans.
- Launch Strategy – Contribute to the development and evolution of the brand launch strategy and tactical plan, including positioning refinement and campaign development.
- Develop patient / consumer content, working cross functionally to ensure an integrated and timely launch. Ensure DTP/DTC strategies and tactics are aligned with professional promotions strategy. Work closely with Director of Digital Marketing to implement digital tactics, media and analysis.
- Patient Advocacy – Drive strategic engagement and partnerships with relevant patient advocacy and support groups. Design and manage promotion of patient facing savings strategy in partnership with Director, Payer Marketing and HCP team.
- Support brand with relevant PR opportunities, including but not limited to strategic partnerships.
- Review Process and Budgets – Gains approval for marketing materials through internal review process and ensures marketing activities follow compliance, regulatory and legal requirements. Perform ongoing analysis of consumer marketing campaigns while achieving expense targets for areas of responsibility; lead expense budget tracking and contribute to budget planning.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, MBA preferred.
- 10+ years Product Management experience (5+ years in consumer marketing is preferred).
- Strong knowledge of health care and/or pharmaceutical industry.
- Product launch experience required.
- Experience with DTP / DTC campaign development and execution.
- Experience with working with agencies in development, implementation and execution of patient/consumer plan, including the production and development of DTC/DTP materials (across multiple channels as the patient demographic requires).
- Media planning and analysis experience preferred including managing multiple agency partners to produce deliverables within timelines and allocated budget.
- Solid knowledge of marketing areas including product positioning, marketing plan development and execution, strategic communications, product launch, public and private payer reimbursement environment.
- Successful track record of strategic and tactical marketing.
- Understanding of direct-to-patient marketing.
- Public Relations experience preferred.
- Urology and/or Women’s Health experience preferred.
- Strong and proven traditional and digital media planning and analysis experience.
- Ability to present plans and analytics to senior executives, investors as well as to marketing colleagues and field sales team.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Self-starter work independently and collaboratively, prioritize tasks and has initiative and excitement to take on unfamiliar tasks.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, (both written and oral).
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage agency partners.
- Strong financial business acumen and analytical skills.
- Fosters productive, collaborative cross functional relationships.
- Flexibility to adapt to an invigorating but often changing start-up environment.
- Ability to work across locations and time zones.
- Travel, domestic only, for at least 20% of time, depending on business needs.