Area Vice President, East – Field Based
Improving quality-of-life through innovations in urology.
Urovant Sciences (Nasdaq: UROV) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for urologic conditions and improving the way providers and their patients confront urologic diseases that are difficult to treat.
Every employee at Urovant plays an integral role to our success. We are ambitious in our approach to improving outcomes for the patients and healthcare providers we serve. Our fast-paced environment rewards strategic decision-making and collaboration, giving team members opportunities to grow beyond their expertise.
Urovant’s lead product candidate, vibegron, an oral, once-daily small molecule beta-3 agonist is being evaluated for overactive bladder (OAB). In December 2019, the Company submitted a New Drug Application to the FDA seeking approval of vibegron for the treatment of patients with OAB. Vibegron is also being evaluated for treatment of OAB in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia (OAB+BPH) and for abdominal pain associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
Urovant’s second investigational product candidate, URO-902, is a novel gene therapy being developed for patients with OAB who have failed oral pharmacologic therapy.
Urovant is seeking a qualified Area Vice President, for the East coast. The Area Vice President leadership role is accountable for building, leading and managing a field-based management team of up to 10 urology specialty managers who manage sales professionals in a defined geographic region. Responsible for sales accountability, developing and maintaining key customer relationships, promotional compliance, training, development, interviewing and hiring prospective specialty sales managers and professionals in accordance with compliance policies and guidelines.
- Attain or exceed sales plan through motivation and activation of team members. Responsible for staffing, training and associated duties.
- Evaluates staff deployment as well as region and territory alignments. Monitors field activity to ensure balanced workloads. Exercises control over region resources, budgets and expenses.
- Oversees the training and development of Regional Sales Managers and sales representatives. Coaches and counsels team members and prepares assessment of team members to ensure continuity of succession planning.
- Examines market changes and opportunities at the area level to ensure complete implementation of marketing strategies. Ensures control and implementation of pricing strategies consistent with the marketing plan. Presents recommendations to the marketing team to assist in the formulation of marketing strategy and tactics based on current field activity.
- Drive accountability and performance within the sales organization to ensure corporate goals and objectives are met and or exceeded in the most ethical manner.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or other advanced degree is a plus.
- 10+ years experience in pharmaceutical sales management is preferred (first-line leader with direct people accountability).
- A proven and consistent track record of top ranked performance (ideally top quartile of the nation) is required.
- A proven track record of coaching, developing and promoting direct reports is highly preferred.
- Strong and successful pharmaceutical launch experienced is highly preferred.
- 3 or more years of urology experience is preferred.
- 3 plus years proven leadership experience with secondary lines of management. Managing managers is a preferred.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- The ability to effectively work in a fast paced start up environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Effective conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
- Strong financial business acumen and analytical skills.
- Ability to travel adequately to cover region, as well as overnight attendance at scheduled training and meetings. 70% or more travel required.
- Ability to drive a car and possess a valid and current driver’s license.